The HPE MSA family carries on its tradition of delivering a combination of simplicity, flexibility, and advanced features not found in other entry-priced arrays:
So Simple, Anyone Can Manage It
- Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to manage — no special knowledge required. For small- to medium-sized businesses, the “set it and forget it” simplicity of HPE MSA eliminates IT complexity. Rely on intuitive setup, guided management, and hands-free automatic performance tiering to power user productivity.
- Predict failures before they happen and eliminate the common causes of avoidable downtime and reduce avoidable downtime and diagnose issues ahead of time. 76% of HPE MSA support calls will be eliminated for customers who utilize health check proactively. Available to new and existing MSA users.
- Dual-controller, two-pool, active-active design architecture: Delivers the resiliency, application availability, and uptime required for SAN-based storage.
- HPE MSA Gen6 array controllers communicate with all internal drives and connected disk enclosures via 12 Gb SAS midplane.
- New Gen 6 RAID acceleration ASIC and controller design: Up to 50% performance improvement compared to HPE MSA Gen5, lowering system latency and improving user productivity.
- Advanced Data Services: Optional license supported on all HPE MSA Gen6 arrays (included with the HPE MSA 2062) that provides access to automated data tiering, remote snap replication, and additional snapshots.
- The MSA Gen6 Tiering Engine 2.0 moves the hottest data to fastest media real-time, 24 hours a day and optimizes performance by up to 45% over 5th Generation MSA.
- HPE MSA-DP+ data protection: High-performance RAID technology that significantly improves performance, availability, and rebuild times (up to 25x) compared to traditional RAID types.
- Bringing enterprise grade features and functionality to small and midsize businesses at an entry level price.
- Integrated with today’s most widely used hypervisors and operating systems, HPE MSA Gen 6 enables you to power your workloads even as you work to lower costs.
- Wide range of SFF/LFF media options: Offers the customer a choice in media and the ability to balance budget against performance needs.
- Expand storage capacity with a choice of SFF and LFF disk enclosure options: Grow-as-you-go capacity expansion helps ensure a long and useful life for your storage array.
Effortless Cloud Backup
- Gain cloud flexibility and protection for your HPE MSA system by leveraging HPE Cloud Volumes Backup for seamless data protection. On-demand cloud backup, ultra-simple and delivered as-a-service, secures your data and lets you start to mine that data for business value.