Windows Server 2016
Built for on-premises. Built for the cloud. Built for your business.
Making the Case for Windows Server 2016
Microsoft technologies have security built-in to help safeguard data across devices and apps onsite or in the cloud, and to help you recover from business disruptions.
- Reduce access risks using Just In Time & Just Enough administration
- Maintain the latest anti-malware and anti-virus protection with built-in Windows Defender
- Secure your Windows Server environment from malware and tampering using Trusted/Secure Boot
- Protect sensitive data and files regardless of location with Shielded Virtual Machines
- Identify trusted hosting using Host Guardian Services
Improve IT Efficiency & Productivity
To help deliver increased efficiency and maximize your IT investment, Microsoft’s technology gives you the business tools of a much larger company, at the right price.
- Improve server efficiency and virtualization with enhanced Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Increase uptime and availability with built-in disaster recovery capabilities provided by enhanced clusters and replication
- Use the Rolling Cluster OS feature to upgrade your fabric to Windows Server 2016 without any downtime for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Storage Spaces Direct enables standard servers with local storage to build highly available and scalable software-defined storage
- Create affordable business continuity and disaster recovery in your datacenters using Storage Spaces Replica
- Prevent noisy neighbors from impacting high priority workloads with a Storage Quality of Service (QoS) policy
- IDC FutureScape
Empower Employees with Remote Desktop Services
Allow your staff employees to securely access the applications they need to do their work, whether hosted in the cloud or on-site.
- Enable easy remote access to applications like accounting and CRM while ensuring that sensitive data is stored in a secure environment
- Be more productive with a consistent experience across a range of PCs and mobile devices
- Deploy a solution in a way that fits your business needs, whether on the server, in the cloud, or both. With solutions such as Windows Server Remote Desktop Services and Microsoft’s Azure platform, there is a solution for your business’s remote access needs. And now, only 2 VMs are required (compared to 8 VMs previously)
Be Ready for the Cloud
Whether you are moving to the cloud now or in the future, Microsoft technologies are designed for hybrid cloud IT environments to give you the best of both worlds.
- Improve infrastructure agility by using virtual machines and containers to provide workload mobility
- Build scalable storage capacity and disaster recovery solutions with easy-to-use Azure Storage Services (Azure Backup, Azure Storage, and Azure Site Recovery)
- Use Azure Active Directory to provide your organization with an enterprise-grade multi-tenant cloud-based directory and identity management service
- Azure Remote Server Management Tools (RSMT) offers a set of web-based and command line tools to manage Windows Servers, providing rapid access to on premises infrastructure alongside your Azure resources
- Gain control over a hybrid cloud infrastructure, and manage and protect Windows Server with the all-in-one Operations Manager Suite